The Waterloo Region Law Association is carefully monitoring the COVID-19 novel coronavirus situation with regard to our Courthouse operations and our conferences and events.
- The library is unstaffed as of Monday, March 16, 2020, and will remain so until further notice.
- If the Courthouse is open, our doors remain unlocked between 8:30 am -5:00 pm, but please note the following:
- No photocopy or printing services will be available unless you have a photocopy ID.
- Regular disinfecting is not being carried out (including the public computers), so use with caution and follow Waterloo Region Public Health guidelines to protect yourself and others.
- Limited legal research assistance can be provided by e-mail only. Please email email@example.com, and expect longer response times.
- No association or membership services will be available on-site as of Monday, March 16, 2020. This includes paying for membership on-site, getting new access cards, or payment for events or CPD. For any questions at all to do with WRLA membership services, please email Pia Williams.
- The WRLA website, special announcement emails, and monthly newsletter will continue to be updated.
Events & Meetings
- All event registrations are on hold until further notice. This includes:
- WRLA AGM + Coulter Osborne Awards Dinner
- ILA & ILR for Real Estate Lawyers
- Revised dates for events that will be postponed will be announced through email when available.
- The Thirsty Thursday on March 19,2020 has been cancelled.
- ILA & ILR for Real Estate Lawyers has been cancelled. Registration cheques will be returned to registrants and refunds issued.
- Coulter Osborne Award Dinner has been postponed.
- Any WRLA events or CPD programs scheduled from March 16,2020 to the end of April 2020 has been cancelled or postponed.
- All previously-scheduled committee meetings will be either cancelled or carried out remotely, at the discretion of committee chairs. Information will be provided to attendees directly.
- No new meetings will be booked in the Waterloo Region Courthouse meeting rooms until a return to work date has been decided.
If you have any concerns or comments, please email Pia Williams.
We wish all of the Waterloo Region legal community health and safety during this time.