The Catherine Malvern Waterloo Region Law Association Entrance Scholarship, 2016 - 2018
This scholarship is valued at $2,150.00 (minus administration fees of the institution) and will be awarded annually to a student entering the JD program with academic excellence, financial need and a record of community service. Preference will be given to students with a connection to the Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge Region.
Six Ontario law schools have agreed to the Terms of Reference. More information is available through the university websites below.
The Waterloo Region Law Association Entrance Scholarship
The Waterloo Region Law Association Entrance Scholarship was established in 2005 to support deserving students whose education would otherwise be compromised.
Its purpose is to award an entrance scholarship of $2,000.00 to an outstanding student admitted to the first year at one of the participating law schools in Ontario, including the University of Ottawa, the University of Western Ontario, Queen’s University, the University of Windsor and Osgoode Hall Law School at York University.
Eligibility Criteria includes the following:
- Admitted and enrolled full time or part-time in first year Faculty of Law
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by Financial Aid services
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Demonstrate past of present acts of volunteerism and community involvement
- A preference will be given to applicants with a connection to the Regional Municipality of Waterloo, including the cities of Kitchener, Cambridge and Waterloo
Application procedures vary. Contact the Admissions Officer of each of the participating universities.